Another Armoured Moria Goblin

The game Lord of The Rings Strategy Battle Game was initially released in 2001 to coincide in with the film The Fellowship of the Ring. During this year Games Workshop released many miniatures, including a box of plastic Moria Goblins, and blisters with 4 metal Moria Goblins, called "Armoured Moria Goblins".


 

 

Some time ago GW made a Made to Order offer for a few LOTR miniatures, and as a big fan of LOTR miniatures I bought a box of those Metal Goblins.


Moria Goblins were my first miniatures, and as a kid I saw metal Moria Goblins only in magazines, so I was very fascinated by those very different, more detailed poses, but I never got for myself, or even saw any of them with my own eyes.

A few years ago I bought a blister of them from ebay, and since then sometimes I painted a goblin, but it was usually 1 or less goblin per year.

I plan to change it in the next year, and finally paint the rest of them.

This is the new Moria Goblin that I painted in November.

I know that many people are unhappy with his "clean" armor, but I don't like to put more dirt on such small miniature because then all the details became pretty invisible.

I hope you like how he looks like, and if you would like to learn how I painted him then you can find a step-by-step PDF tutorial on my patreon: https://www.patreon.com/posts/93757028




 



Regards

Flameon


Comments